First Alarm Strategy & Tactics
Time & Location
About the Event
This program will discuss strategy and tactics for fires in single family dwellings, apartments, and commercial structures. We will focus on the differentiating factors between these structures and how differences in construction, occupancy, and other factors must influence firefighting operations.
General strategic goals and benchmarks for each structure will be discussed, along with supporting tactics for each. We will discuss engine, ladder, command, and rapid intervention considerations.
We will discuss options and techniques for fire attack, searches, ventilation, and other issues - highlighting the factors to consider when selecting each and formulating a decision-making process that officers can use to rapidly select the best applicable tactics for given conditions.
• Making proper decisions from proper information.
• Tactical options for the engine & ladder company..
• Ventilation methods, timing, and considerations
• Selecting the method & location of fire attack.
• Hoseline selection, tips, and alternative stretches.
• Selecting the appropriate search method and prioritizing the search.